Welcome, Guest
General Discussions

Anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category can be posted here. Introduce your self, talk about something related to RC or the website or just express your thoughts about any subject you think relates to the project.
  • Page:

TOPIC: benq w1080st

benq w1080st 10 years 10 months ago #297

• Evilfz1
  • Junior Boarder
now since its been mentioned again, I am curious what kind of results you might hope to achieve based upon your experience working with your "shop" projectors, with relation to/against the specs of this benq w1080st? benq w1070 shares the same specs as benq w1080 with the exception that the 1080 has the short throw and is 3d capable... which is another question, do you forsee being able to print 3d objects in 3d rather than layer by layer... say the object is the same for X number of mm's, seems that 3d capable projectors could one day activate many multiple layers at a time? Seems potentially feasible between these ears. It looks to me like the key factor specs are obviously HD resolution and highest contrast ratio you can afford, but how much of a roll would say 5000 lumens play, seems all we might gain from more lumens is higher heat activated curing? Anyways, let me also say that you are the man D! Im prototyping/building an electric hyperbike. I started researching how to build my own sla machine when I realized how bogus these desktop market FFF printers are, and headlines of yours and your OS project led me into finding the ilios... I cant wait to order my kit! Build area knowledge/insights would be significant when picking 'my' projectors... seems that hardware is goin to yield bigger prints, and isn't that what we all want? I am willing to take that next step above and beyond to push the envelope, and would appreciate if you added some forsight where you hope this printer will be maybe a year or two from now?
Much love, Kody
The administrator has disabled public write access.

benq w1080st 10 years 10 months ago #298

• OSFlyerWiz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 49
Dear Cody, welcome to the forum and thank you for noticing my little website :)

The fact that the Benq 1080 is 3D unfortunately has nothing to do with 3D printing :) In order to understand why, you really should look into how 3D projection is made. You shall realize that it is completely irrelevant.

1070 or 1080 would really make no difference besides the potential extra couple of seconds for curing due to the higher lumens which doesn't justify the price difference. The resin which is used with the Ilios 3D printer cures quite well with all projectors in the shop so there is no reason to select a higher spec projector unless you have one laying around :)

There are several upgrades i am planning on posting in the shop in the future for Ilios and as i build each kit i do improve on minor details for a more simple assembly. Besides that, my main goal was to create a machine for OSRC enclosure production and i believe i achieved my goal. Naturally since i am using the machine for my own project, any alterations or improvements i make shall be reflected on future builds for others.
Ilios - Building Open Innovation

I welcome everyone to participate in Ilios discussions, stories, projects and other related content as well as contribute in any way possible to make the project a truly helpful and versatile tool for everyone to use and constantly improve.

Yours, Demetris Z.

benq w1080st 10 years 10 months ago #299

• Evilfz1
  • Junior Boarder
I read on a page somewhere on os-rc here, where you mention writing more code complimenting the initial software to then run dual projectors, what language is mach3 written in? I don't write code myself, but will soon learn from someone I know who does, I didn't see much else posted about the software... Lastly, where do I find your direct e-mail?
Thanks again, Kody

benq w1080st 10 years 10 months ago #300

• OSFlyerWiz
  • Administrator
I have the script tested for dual projection, but it is a bit complicated to get going. I will write up a tutorial as soon as i have some free time.

MACH 3 scripts are in Visual Basic and writing something is really simple once you go through the documentation available at the MACH website.

To contact me you can use the "Contact Us" link :)

I welcome everyone to participate in Ilios discussions, stories, projects and other related content as well as contribute in any way possible to make the project a truly helpful and versatile tool for everyone to use and constantly improve.

Yours, Demetris Z.

benq w1080st 10 years 10 months ago #317

• Bernie
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have also noticed there is now a Benq w1070st. Do you think this short throw projector will offer any advantages over the w1070?
Last Edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Bernie.

benq w1080st 10 years 10 months ago #318

• OSFlyerWiz
  • Administrator
Short throw basically means that you can project more area in the same distance of the projector from the build area. Both projectors cover far more than you would need, to build models so if the price is not an issue then the newest is the best, however i don't think you would see any other difference while building.

Yours, Demetris Z.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Creative Commons License

OSRC by rdGizmo For You LTD is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Supported By